Thursday, September 25, 2008

H for Hannah


I like these ceramics by H for Hannah... the delicate illustrated details are lovely.

Hannah Morrow is a UK born, LA based ceramic designer. Her debut collection 'Stickers' (above) is playful and gorgeous... this range is about updating the ceramic tradition of the souvenir. Hannah says "I have been fascinated with both souvenirs and stickers since I was a child and loved the idea of a bowl or plate covered in stickers". I also like her more recent jewellery-inspired range (below). A little more restrained in its execution, but still a lovely playful idea.

I was also interested to read on her website that Hannah and I have something in common :) After graduating from university in the UK, she moved to New York and worked as a prop stylist and production designer on independent films and magazines... interesting! aaahh makes me want to jump on a plane to New York and see what prop styling / film work I could get!

Hannah also has a lovely little blog here.


0 comments:

Post a Comment